Acai Breakfast Bowl Recipe

I thought I would take you guys along on the ride of a life time - my first attempt at making an acai bowl. Acai (ah-sigh-ee) is ...




I thought I would take you guys along on the ride of a life time - my first attempt at making an acai bowl. Acai (ah-sigh-ee) is a berry/superfood, known and loved for the fact it is nutritious and high in antioxidants! After spotting lots of people making pretty acai bowls on social media, I just had to get my hands on some and try it for myself. 

Ingredients: 
-Two packs of frozen acai
- One frozen banana (or half to taste)
- 1tbsp sweet freedom

- Anything you want to top it with!
I chose:
-Granola
-Raspeberries
-Banana
-Cocao nibs (mistake, I hated these!!)

It was actually really easy, and I'm definitely going to make it again as a nice, cool, summer breakfast. Infact, scratch that. I'm going to make it for breakfast, snacks and probably lunches too. All you do is blend the ingredients together, put it into a bowl (or cup if you're on the go) and then add whatever you feel like eating on the top. Fruit, granola, coconut... the world's your oyster. 

The only real downside to this breakfast is that acai is so so expensive, but you are able to buy it in bulk which makes it a bit less heart wrenching paying out £30 for what is essentially a berry. But that said, if you're a health nut, or want to give something new a try - I definitely recommend it. 

I got my frozen acai packs from Amacai 

You Might Also Like

0 comments