Venice Photo Diary: Water City

Buongiorno! Or afternoon/evening, depending on when you are reading this.  I've just gotten back from a lovely...








Buongiorno!
Or afternoon/evening, depending on when you are reading this. 

I've just gotten back from a lovely week in the city where you cannot be seasick or you just won't cope. The B E A utiful Venezia! I'm still looking back over the past week and wondering whether I was really there and it really happened as I have grown up seeing photos of St. Mark's Square and still can't believe I was stood in it (hence the incredibly touristy photo). 

I'm currently putting off packing for Barcelona, as I leave in 6 hours for the airport and there's nothing like last minute packing is there? 

Venice was lovely and definitely a city like no other. You can revel in getting lost as whichever way you twist and turn in the tiny streets, you will always end up somewhere you recognise eventually. There is at least one mask shop on every street, along with a gelato shop next door to that. In any other the city, the metro/subway/tube would be a train but in Venice it is a boat - and being on the water feels much better than a stuffy underground. 

You pass the houses in which the likes of Cassanova and Mozart once graced, the churches are beautiful and high in numbers and there's so much history, beautiful bridges and also alot of designer shops (Hey Chanel and Gucci). 

If I wasn't becoming immersed in the city, I was riding a gondola, eating pasta & wine for 5 euros or running away from the enormous amount of pigeons that roam the city. 

Hope you enjoy just a few of the photos I took. If you ever get the chance to go to Venice, snap it up! You won't regret it. 
I'm having serious post-holiday sads :(

You Might Also Like

0 comments